Welcome to the Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of the Rosary & St Dominic’s Parish
Our Lady of the Rosary and St Dominic, Southampton Road, London NW5 4LB
This historic Catholic church and Diocesan Shrine served by the Dominican Friars, is situated on Southampton Road, London NW5 4LB, just a short walk from Primrose Hill and Hampstead Heath. It is easily accessible by bus from King’s Cross Station (bus no.46) or Westminster Cathedral (bus no.24) which stop right at ‘St Dominic’s Priory’, or a ten-minute walk from Belsize Park or Chalk Farm Underground stations, or from Hampstead Heath or Gospel Oak Overground stations. This beautiful church – the first in the world with distinct altars and chapels for every mystery of the Rosary – serves as the parish church for the local area, but it is also the Diocesan Shrine of the Holy Rosary for the Archdiocese of Westminster. We welcome parishioners and visitors from near and far. Do have a look at the virtual tour above, and then plan a pilgrimage to come and see it in person! Here, in the Shrine of Our Lady of the Rosary, all are welcome into the embrace of Mary’s House in London.
Please note that until the coronavirus crisis is over, the church has special opening hours in place: WEEKDAYS & SATURDAY = Adoration from 5pm, with Mass at 6pm. On SATURDAY, Confessions also from 5pm. SUNDAY = Mass at 8:30am, 10am, 12noon; Adoration from 2-4pm with Benediction at 3:45pm; Dominican rite Sung Mass at 4pm. NO SUNDAY 6PM MASS.
- 18.00 (Vigil Mass for Sunday)
- 16:00 (traditional Latin Missa Cantata in the Dominican rite)
- from 5pm
- On request during pandemic
- Confessions are also available at other times by calling at the Priory.
Monday to Saturday
- Daily Holy Hour at 17:00
- 14:00-16:00 (with Benediction at 3:45pm)
Monday to Friday
- 07.00 (Lauds)
- 18.45 (Vespers)
- 08.00 (Lauds)
- 08.00 (Lauds)
- 17.30 (Vespers with Salve Procession)
- Monday to Friday, after Morning Mass
- Saturday, 11.00 (with Procession to the relevant Rosary Chapels or the Luminous Mysteries Rosary Garden)
- Please note that on Bank Holidays, the church is closed after 10am Mass
Resumption of Mass & Confession - New Opening Hours
30th June 2020
We thank God that our church can now offer public Liturgies once again, and that the doors can be opened for private prayer. The initial phase of opening for private individual prayer went well, and we are able to build