October is the month of the Holy Rosary, which is celebrated with joy here in Our Lady’s Rosary Shrine in London. A feature of this our October celebrations is a weekly candlelit Rosary procession. This year we have events for your diaries that are both old and new, so please do mark your diaries and start planning a special pilgrimage in honour of Our Lady of the Rosary.
- Sat 5th: Candlelit Rosary Procession with statue of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima (7pm).
- Sat 5th – Sun 6th: Annual St Dominic’s Art Exhibition and Sale in the Parish Hall.
- Sun 6th: Rosary Sunday – Solemn Mass celebrated by Bishop Michael Campbell OSA, Bishop Emeritus of Lancaster at 12 noon. Blessed roses will be distributed after every Mass.
- Sat 12th: Candlelit Rosary Procession with statue of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima (7pm) followed by a music recital on our historic ‘Father Willis’ organ.
- Sun 13th: Solemn Mass commemorating Newman Canonisation (12 noon)
- Sat 19th: Living Rosary Procession with statue of Our Lady of the Rosary of Manaoag (7pm).
- Sat 26th: Rosary Vigil – Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and Eucharistic Rosary procession, with music composed and conducted by Pawel Bebenek (7pm). This event will be preceded by music workshops with Pawel Bebenek, starting at 11am, in the parish hall. Details forthcoming.
In addition, the Rosary Shrine is delighted to announce that from Rosary Sunday onwards (6th October), there will be a Sung Mass (Missa Cantata) in the Dominican rite at 4pm every Sunday, at the Altar of Our Lady of the Rosary. All are welcome to this weekly Sunday Mass, and we will be looking for singers and servers. If you’re interested please contact Fr Lawrence Lew, OP.